Sunday, September 26, 2010

24 Things...

1) When I was little, my dream was to be Miss America. I had a portfolio and a few gigs, but quit modeling because my older cousin did. To this day, I somehow still think it’s my mom’s fault that I’m not Miss America.

2) I’m a shopaholic. Once, to prove that I wasn’t… I went on a hiatus. I didn’t buy anything (other than food) for 3 whole weeks. It was a terrible, terrible experience and it hurts thinking about it.

3) When I was in 8th grade, I missed cheerleading try-outs because I was the assistant director for the drama clubs one act play “The Bad Seed”. I was really sad about it, but they ended up holding a second round of tryouts later that year.

4) Contrary to popular belief, I’m not an only child. I’ve been told I give off that “only child vibe”… whatever that means. I have an older half brother (Duwane) and a little sister (Falon) who’s 18. Recently, my dad told me his son (that he didn’t know he had) found him… I don’t claim him. I was over 21 after I found out about him… I’m good on siblings. Maybe that’s what ppl mean about the “only child vibe”…

5) When I was younger, my mom thought I was going to be an Engineer because I couldn’t stay away from Legos. Truth is, I hate math & science and like being around people too much to be an engineer.

6) I might have been a spoiled kid. My favorite Christmas present was my Barbie convertible. I insisted that my dad mow the yard in “lanes” so I would have “streets & highways” to drive on.

7) My mom calls me a sugar baby. I love anything sweet. Chocolate, cake, icecream, cookies, powered donuts…

8) Mom also calls me a junk food baby. There was a time in my life where I ate fast food at least twice a day, everyday. The absolute worst thing about the DMV is the lack of Jack in the Box, Whataburger, Taco Cabana, Sonic and easily accessible Chick-Fil-A’s.

9) When I was a kid, I always wanted to know how big I was in comparison to the “M” in Macys on the top of their building at the mall.

10) I’m pretty random. You may find me randomly highlighted on ppl’s facebook quote sections for saying things like "Why be a regular hoe? Video hoes get paid!"

11) I don’t like spoilers on cars. I have this theory about monkey’s being able to hang from them.

12) So far, my greatest accomplishment was buying a home when I was 22. My grandma was all about being an independent woman and she would have been thrilled.

13) I’m an all or nothing type of person. Stay on my good side… because the bad side gets ugly.

14) I’m honest. I’ve lost friends because they’ve asked for the truth… and I gave it to them… but they didn’t like what I had to say. I might apologize for hurting your feelings, but I don’t apologize for feeling the way I do.

15) I like to go out, mostly because I like to dance. I dance in the morning getting ready for work, when I’m cleaning the house or really when there is music being played. Also, I usually exhibit an uncanny amount of crunkness while dancing.

16) I consider myself to be a great friend. Disclaimer: I’m really terrible at calling people, or finishing emails that I’ve started to you… but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you or think about you. Text me, and I’ll respond right away. If you need advice, a budget, a cuddle buddy or some retail therapy… I’m your girl.

17) I’m hungry, now… always.

18) I have a LOT of energy. Even more when I’m tired. Tell me to sit down somewhere and I’ll get it together.

19) I like to be right. I actually have this theory that I’m usually always right. Don’t bother disagreeing with me… well… because… I’m right.

20) I can prove to be an embarrassment to you if we’re in public. Sometimes I can’t control how loudly I say things. Fortunately for you, I don’t say them and hide. I’m not afraid of confrontation.

21) I love birthdays, mine especially.

22) My favorite foods are Mexican, Italian and Soul food. Probably because they are the most saturated in fats… just the way I like it.

23) I can’t sing, but I love doing it anyway.

24) I’m a picture whore. I like to have the latest and greatest camera available. On the flip side… I’m pretty bad at posting pics on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment