Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Casserole, Scrubbing Bubbles, Sex, Popsicles

One of my darlings recently celebrated her birthday at Vapiano's (they have great Sangrias). While talking with some of her guests, I decided to do a little research for my next blog. I asked some guys what things they look for in a woman that make her stand out from the crowd. I expected the usual things I hear, logical, laid back, let's you do your fav activity (ie, video games, basketball,etc). Nope, none of that. The response: "Cook, clean, fuck, suck"

Now, I have a friend who often says I should teach other women a class about perspectives and approaches to dating. But this list, I just don't understand. I can understand the components, but the complete picture is severely flawed (in my opinion).

Cook - This is simple. People like to eat, men specifically. Having a woman that will prepare meals for you is awesome. That woman in my life is my mommy. They even noted that a woman who can't really cook, but tries to do so for you is ideal. Well, bitches like to eat too. And while I don't mind cooking for you, in fact, I enjoy it... I want you to do the same for me every once in a while. Even if its just a turkey sandwich. Additionally, if you can't really cook, don't keep wasting food that I eat just to be nice...just work on excelling at 1 or more of the 3 other requirements.

Clean - There was something said about him getting out of the shower and the bed has been made. I make the bed for two reasons and two reasons only: putting on clean sheets and fronting for company. That's it. I don't see the use in making a bed everyday, knowing you are going to get back in it. I don't think I've ever dated a man who was put off by the fact that I don't generally make beds. If anything, its one less obstacle in getting down to business. And no, we aren't just going to be butt-ass on my $250 Hotel Collection Duvet Cover. Uh uh, pull those sheets back!

Fuck - I get it.

Suck - Yep, understood.

But what about intelligence, logic, sense of humor, supportive-ness, etc? I would argue that you can easily find a girl that does these 4 things... But would you wanna actually deal with her on a day to day basis if she's dumb as rocks? Or has the personality of mole (I picked moles arbitrarily, because they seem boring). Or doesn't ever have your back at anything you do? That won't last long, even for a simple man.

I think men like to think they are super simple creatures, when you aren't. Because truth be told, you've probably weeded out several women who would do all these things for you. However if you insist that cooking, cleaning, fucking and sucking is all you need... By all means, please indulge while you can. Before maturity sets in....

1 comment:

  1. I think guys just like saying they're simple for the sake of appearing to not be a part of the single "problem."

    ReplyDelete