Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Let's talk about this...

Toe Sucking. I have a major issue with this if you are not an infant. For those that do enjoy toes, I would imagine a baby's are the most enticing as they do not yet bear the wear and tear of life. Maybe my "mommy" genes haven't fully kicked in yet, but I don't want ANYONE'S feet in my mouth. I bring this up because a friend recently told me he had a woman suck his toes. He posed this scenario to Dana and I, looking for some sort of rationale. I have none. I can only deduce a few things about a girl who sucks man toes:
  1. She can't share drinks/food/lip gloss with me.
  2. She also enjoys pigs feet.
  3. The weird aftertaste you have from mixing freshly brushed teeth with milk doesn't bother her.
  4. She will allow you to put anything, anywhere.
Which led to his next question, "Is toe sucking like a gateway drug?!" Yes, yes it is. And you are her local pusher.

Death Penalty by Firing Squad. This article baffled me on my way to work this morning. A man in Utah elected to die at the hands of a firing squad. Here is an article about him.

Whether you agree with the death penalty or not, does a firing squad not seem a little odd to you? I know it sparked a lot of questions for me, such as:

  1. What's the selection process for the firing squad? Do they get paid over time?
  2. Is it like lethal injection in that families and other witnesses can attend?
  3. After the deed has been done (you know, he's been shot by a gang of people), who cleans it up?
  4. Do they remove the bullets for official records?

Finally, the article in the Express mentioned a few States having the firing squad as a back up in the event that lethal injection or the chair are declared unconstitutional. I'm sorry, I thought the whole debate was whether or not humans should "play God" and determine if someone lives or dies. I'm not sure how a firing squad is more constitutionally sound than lethal injection, unless you're in Texas. Anything can get blasted in Texas.

Chivalry is "dead". This is why. A while back, when leaving Filene's Basement, I witnessed an interesting scenario. The store has 3 sets of double doors. A young, professionally dressed, "well-kept" black man was at the door on the far left. Just as my friend and I approached this door, we noticed that he opened it for a young, white woman entering the store. Seeing this, the woman walked to the complete opposite door and left the man only with the ability to shake his head. What's this about?! Maybe she's doing the Destiny's Child "Independent Women" thing and would do this if any man opened the door for her. That doesn't explain the vivid fearful expression on her face. Maybe its a race thing. Maybe she's from SE DC and a nicely dressed black man makes her want to clutch her purse.

Forget her. I like to be self sufficient and all that jazz, but I do appreciate when a man opens a door for me or offers his seat on the Metro. However, I do not feel entitled to these things; you aren't going to get a stank look from me if you don't lay your blazer (Velvet, if you are African ;)) over a puddle so I don't get my toes wet. Women need to make a decision. Look for Captain Save a Hoe or don't. I'm not saying you are not entitled to a gentleman. I'm just saying if your ringtone is "She got her own", open your own damn door without feeling some kind of way about it.

2 comments:

  1. oh how i miss our talks. i would have loved to have been there for the toe sucking convo. great blog. keep it up homie g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Although I'm not a fan of my toes being sucked or of sucking toes (I mean... why!??!), I don't know that it means a chick will let you do ANYTHING. It's just a preference outside of the norm.

    I don't judge... but I certainly don't partake either!

    ReplyDelete